When I first came across the term permaculture, it perfectly connected my lifelong ideals for abundance, deep ecology, and community resilience.
Back then, I was occupied in a water resources engineering career path. I am blessed to be experienced in GIS mapping, drainage plans, erosion control, stormwater ponds, ditch designs, navigating regulations, and public presentations. Another outcome of this is I am a licensed professional engineer (P.Eng.). All this happened while permaculture ideals tugged at my heart.
In 2011, after 'graduating' from my engineering career, I completed my Permaculture Design Certificate at the Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute.
In 2012, EDEN in SEASON was born. EDEN in SEASON represents the marriage of my 7 years as a water resources engineer with my passion for permaculture (ecological and community design), also known as ecological engineering. That year, I started my first edible forest plantings, established a school demonstration garden, and experienced working on a diversity of edible landscapes and landowners.
In 2014, the Garden of Eating is established as EDEN in SEASON's demonstration farm.
Behind myself and the farm location, relationships fostered with:
- complementary properties enable us to establish more mushroom laying yards, harvest from mature nut trees, and propagate plants
- friends, friendly neighbours, friendly visitors (WWOOF, HelpX), and friendly curiosity seekers strengthen collaboration and provide seasonal help
Nature, like ourselves, is an abundant, self-perpetuating organism. Once healed and enabled to blossom, it not only provides us with a long-term food and income stream, it also builds the foundation for a living legacy that regenerates both our spirits and the earth.
Other principles we live by:
- be present
- live local
- act multigenerational
- practice conscious lifestyle choices
- collaborate in community and social outreach
By integrating permaculture into your home, you can be assured we are committed to creating an enduring edible landscape that is ecologically sound, sensitive to your family's goals, and brings you year after year of enjoyment and health.
- Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario
- Permaculture in Ontario for a map of regional permaculture projects
- Fiddlehead Nursery - perennial friend and grower Ben Caesar