Our Famous Mushroom Logs
January 2021 update: Shiitake and oyster logs are SOLD OUT for the year. Additional oyster log inventory may be available in spring 2021 after snowmelt.
Which part of your property is too shady to grow that delicious plant? EDEN in SEASON’s mushroom logs are a simple way to grow your own mushrooms.
If the only mushrooms you have ever eaten have come from the supermarket, you are in for a treat… gourmet log-grown mushrooms are much fuller in taste and texture than the store-quality shiitake and button mushroom varieties. A little butter and some garlic are all they need to WOW your senses.
Mushroom log kits make a unique gift for the foodie in your life, and is fun and educational for children.
We guarantee a well cared for log will provide years of delicious, nutritious mushrooms. Better yet, you’ll get to experience the thrill of watching them grow, and of picking them yourself just moments before your meal. Each log includes an instruction guide with a "mushroom log log" to track your years of fun.
Our ready-to-fruit logs are priced by weight ($40 for a 20 lb log) + HST and delivery as appropriate. Larger mushroom logs and quantity orders translate to greater savings.
Three Ways to Order Your Mushroom Logs
- Email us directly to arrange pick-up in various South Georgian Bay locations and pay by cash, cheque, or eTransfer. No delivery fee.
- You can arrange for personal delivery at a flexible time and convenient location along the Southern Georgian Bay-Toronto corridor. Please email to confirm a mutual delivery arrangement.
- Otherwise, please inquire about special delivery or arrangements. We have friends and business partners who may foray through your area (Guelph, Northumberland, London). We generally only sell mushroom logs to customers in Southern Ontario. We do not ship by Canada Post or courier due to the sensitive nature of these logs.
Payment by Paypal also accepted once order is confirmed.
Please note: pet mushroom logs take at least 9 months from "impregnation" to "first conception." Please reserve your inoculated log in advance for assurance your future gift will be coordinated for delivery on time for that special friend and occasion.
- Treat your pet log as a low-maintenance shade-loving plant. Typically fruits twice a year for 4-7 years
- Natural rainfall is sufficient and best, although additional watering recommended during week-long summer droughts
- Winter hardy, ideally under a blanket of snow, as long as it is protected from winter sun and drying winds
- Sunlight exposure after picking greatly increases its Vitamin D content!
- More information and seasonal tips on our blog page titled "Mushroom Log" Log Blog
- We have select varieties of colonized spawn (mushroom culture) to start your own project. Contact us to find out what methods work best for you:
- inoculation tool method
- stacked spawn sandwich
- myceliated mulch in garden
- indoor culture
- or simply fruit indoors from the bag for the "fast food" option
- Go to Made in the Shade if you have your own woodlot and would like guidance on how to set up your own mushroom yard.
- Participate in late-April to mid-May mushroom log inoculation workbees.
Ideas for Mushroom Recipes