March 2023 update: shiitake and oyster logs are now available and a few trips to other Southern Ontario locations may be arranged in advance.
For that section of your property too shady for that tasty plant to thrive, EDEN in SEASON’s ready-to-fruit mushroom logs are a simple way to grow your own food.
If the only mushrooms you have ever eaten have come from the supermarket, you are in for a treat… gourmet log-grown mushrooms are much fuller in taste and texture than the store-quality shiitake, let alone button mushrooms. A little butter and garlic are all they need to WOW your senses.
Mushroom logs make a unique gift for the foodie in your life, and is fun and educational for children.
We guarantee a well cared-for log will provide years of delicious, nutritious mushrooms. Better yet, you’ll get to experience the thrill of watching them grow, and of picking them yourself just moments before your meal. Each pet mushroom log kit includes an instruction guide with a "mushroom log log" to track your years of fun.
Select from Shiitake Mushroom or Oyster Mushroom varieties. When ordering, also ask us about fresh or dried product if you want to sneak a taste.
Our logs are priced by weight ($35 for a 20 lb log) + HST and delivery as appropriate. A single log of this size constitutes marginal savings based on ~3lb of mushrooms retailed at $20/lb. Larger mushroom logs and quantity orders translate to greater savings.
Three Ways to Order Your Mushroom Logs
- Email us directly to arrange pick-up in various South Georgian Bay locations and pay by cash, cheque, Paypal, or eTransfer once order is confirmed. No delivery fee.
- You can arrange for personal delivery at a flexible time and convenient location along the Southern Georgian Bay-Toronto corridor. Please email to confirm a mutual delivery arrangement.
- Otherwise, please inquire about special delivery or arrangements. We have friends and business partners who may foray through your area (Guelph, Northumberland, London). We generally only sell mushroom logs to customers in Southern Ontario. We do not ship by Canada Post or courier due to the sensitive nature of these logs.
Please note: pet mushroom logs take at least 9 months from "impregnation" to "first conception." Please reserve your inoculated log in advance for assurance your future gift will be coordinated for delivery on time for that special friend and occasion.
- Treat your pet log as a low-maintenance shade-loving plant. Typically fruits twice a year for 4-7 years
- Natural rainfall is sufficient and best, although additional watering recommended during week-long summer droughts
- Winter hardy, ideally under a blanket of snow, as long as it is protected from winter sun and drying winds
- Sunlight exposure after picking greatly increases its Vitamin D content!
- More information and seasonal tips on our blog page titled "Mushroom Log" Log Blog
- We also supply select varieties of colonized spawn (mushroom culture) for indoor propagation (advance orders by mid-March only) or to simply fruit indoors from the bag for the "fast food" option
- Go to Made in the Shade if you have your own woodlot and would like guidance on how to set up your own mushroom yard
- Participate in late-April to mid-May mushroom log inoculation workbees
Ideas for Mushroom Recipes